Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crossing the line?



This summer I was fortunate enough to spend some time at John Travolta's house in Ocala, FL. Long story short: Travolta bought a Soko Galob classic jet, and my dad is a classic jet examiner for the FAA so he checked him out in the airplane. I went to help my dad with the paper work that had to be done, as well as to meet Travolta, of course.




While there, I was never asked NOT to take pictures or video, and Travolta was more than happy to pose for some pics with my Dad and I, but the whole time I had to question whether he was really okay with this, or perhaps, didn't want to offend anyone by asking us not to document the trip.


The moment I returned home, I added videos and pictures of my recent escapade to Facebook. With this in mind, I have to wonder if Travolta is really alright with these pictures and videos being posted to a social site. While I have security settings in place that limit who sees my profile, the information is still on the internet and in public view. This situation definitely made me realize the affects of technology on high-profile individuals, and the lengths they have to go to in hopes of monitoring their image via new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment